Friday, January 4, 2008

Goodbye 2007, Hello 2008

Happy New Year everyone!

It’s been a few days since I last posted, but I wanted to take some time off to think a little, and just chill during this holiday.

I have so much to be thankful for. I’ve been healthy, happy and blessed the past year. There were some ups and downs, but that’s life of course. We can’t expect to be happy all the time can we? What we can do, however, is to train ourselves to be happy after we experience sadness. This is a rundown of some of the good things I did. Check it out below.

In 2007:

I made some great friends who I will remember my whole life.
I resolved some issues I had with an old friend.
I traveled alone for work for the first time in my life!
I strengthened my relationship with my family.
I make it a point to put family before anything else.
I started this blog! Yaaay!
I started writing again.
I started working on my very own business project.
I jumped into the dark part of the ocean!
I sped so fast on a jet ski and it felt good!
I sped in my car to 150 km/per hour for the first time in my life.
I finally got myself a digital camera. (I know what you’re thinking)
I read a lot of books.
I joined Facebook.
I learned how to make myself happy! Think positive everyone!
I overcame so many fears (the dark is one of them)
I grew herbs in the garden.

So, yeah. Last year was pretty good. Inshallah, God willing, this coming year will be just as good, if not better.

And on this happy note, I’d like to say

Goodbye 2007.. and Hello 2008..

11 comments:

Marzouq said...

Its good that you achieved a lot of your goals and happy New Years!!! :)

Anonymous said...

well good list, hope 2008 is much more succeful girl :)

Anonymous said...

You're giving me hope.. yaaayy..
yalla inshalla 2008 willl be great.

Grey said...

Other than SPeeding ... more success to you in 2008

Joud said...

looks like 2008 has some tough shoes to fill :)

Lala* said...

It is very refreshing reading a post about what one accomplished this last year.

I should do that, only if I could remember what I had for dinner yesterday :-/

FourMe said...

Hopefully this year will be even better for you :)

Now just between us gals tell me what kind of herbs have you been growing :P

This Lady said...

thanks guys ;)

lala*: Because i'm learning to think positive, i decided to focus on the good things that happened to me, and not the bad.

i lost a loved one, and i've had some rough times, but i dont want to dwell on them.

fourme: thyme, basil, oregano, rosemary.

Unknown said...

I know I'm late but Happy New Year!

This Lady said...

thank you. its never too late 3adi :)

Anonymous said...

wow u did a lot...im such a failure i have done NOTHING but make fun of things on my blog :P

enjoy the new yr!