Friday, January 9, 2009

AUK CAR BOOT SALE

Hi everyone!

Tomorrow, Saturday January 10, 2009 (technically it's today), is AUK's car boot sale. It's from 9 am to 5 pm. There will be lots of junk in people's trunks. Yeah, pun intended! It will be held at the American University of Kuwait's parking lot in Salmiya. Basically it's like a garage sale/flea market.

You can also find great stuff for your home at really cheap prices. You will also find clothing and electronics. I heard some people are going to be selling food too. I didn't get to go last year, but I'm definitely going to check it out tomorrow.

It's a great idea for getting rid of stuff you no longer need, while at the same time making a little bit of money. I think we need more flea markets and garage or yard sales in Kuwait. And I don't mean the weekly Friday Market (Soog il yim3a).

I will be on the hunt for some great bargains tomorrow.. and some yummy food too!

See ya!

*Oh and I know you've all been dying without my thought provoking and entertaining blog posts, but my computer is still sick :( 

5 comments:

WendyB said...

Aw, tell your computer I said to get well soon :-)

Anonymous said...

I was there and I just loved the whole idea :)

♀ L's brain ♀ said...

I like what you wrote in your profile page.

Anonymous said...

I was there and bought myself some amazing T-Shirts and CD's (thank you dear Mr. Tata Botata, I am your fan) :)

On a side note and sorry to be off topic:

Welcome back :) It's good to see you. Not only are you a real trooper, but a truly most wonderful writer. And that was always the point of you the blogger, the lady who writes on this blog.

It's going to be great to read you again. Wishing you all the best :)

Marzouq said...

I wish there were more places like that to auction stuff away. Always a good idea!